Saturday, May 16, 2015

High park cherry blossoms ❀ ❀ ❀

Since I currently do not have the chance to visit Japan to see streets where cherry blossoms thrive and grow and multiply, I have to make do with high park.

I went to high park during peak bloom season, which to my luck, is also the time of the week when the most people go. Essentially, there were maybe five to ten people surrounding one tree to get as many pictures of it as possible. People brought professional DSLRs that put my shitty iPhone camera to shame. I went during the morning too, and there was already so many people. Last year, I went around 5pm/6pm, and hell, parking was a bitch. There were more cars than cherry blossoms. Lesson learned, this year I had to subway down in the morning.



Anyways, it's still a pretty sight to behold. I never knew I would be this excited about trees, but lo and behold, I am. That just shows you how my life consists of non-existent fun.




Photo by 路蹊刘 (Lucy Liu)

 I think a better idea for the future is to just buy a cherry tree and plant it in my backyard, so I don't have to trek all the way to high park, and plus I can monopolize my tree. If you want a picture with it. Pay up. Five dollars.

Yushi



No comments:

Post a Comment