Wednesday, May 13, 2015

3 Reasons why I hate summer

There are a couple things that I hate in the world marginally less than slow walkers on the sidewalk and a little bit more than war and world hunger: bugs, eyeliner smudges, and the sun (not in that order ofc). To my dismay, those things all occur during summer.


The sun: 
Ahhh yes, the sun -- my oldest enemy. Besides stairs and physical activity, I can count the sun as my worst nemesis. What other object in the world drains my energy like kryptonite so effectively since it's really unavoidable unless you stay indoors??? Only the sun can achieve such an impact on my body. I become the walking dead (show reference to be noted) and roam the streets, stumbling on things more often than what is deemed regular because I can't see. Nothing can stop the sun from coming into my eyes and causing them to water. Want to be attractive in summer??? That's impossible when I'm constantly in a daze with my eyes closed as I walk down the streets.
It also doesn't help that I sweat like the condensed 300lb man that I am. Thank the gods that I don't smell or else it would be a disaster.
To make things worse, I don't know if people can relate, but because of my hair colour, it absorbs heat like it's nobody's business. It's so crazy that I think you can probably fry something on my head.
I'm considering going blonde.



Makeup: 
As a follow up to heat and sweating, my makeup melts off during the day. It's disgusting and I'm probably the only one that experiences this since every LA blogger looks perfect all the time even at Coachella, being outdoors the entire day. It's probably just me and my weird pores that somehow secrete more oil when it's covered. Especially with eyeliner, it doesn't matter how waterproof it is, it's going to smudge. Mascara does too since my eyelashes point downwards... 
UGH. 
And I'm too lazy for touch ups throughout the day, so what ends up happening is I turn from normal basic girl to the grudge.
Maybe I should abandon the lost cause of trying to look presentable and embrace the natural look with an edgy twist -- by actually going barefaced. 


The bugs: 
Okay, I take back my statement about the sun being my worst enemy.
Bugs.
Bugs are the worst. Why do they exist, and in swarms??? Me being the uncoordinated and unequipped with reflexes person that I am, can't dodge gnat swarms when I see them too late, so I get a face full of them every time I go out past 6pm. Sometimes if I'm not careful, I get them in my eyes too. The struggle is so real. 
But the bug issue doesn't end there. There are also mosquitoes, the bane of my existence. Vampires in a smaller more deadly and annoying form. Instead of being shiny and angsty, these blood suckers leave you with gigantic splotches of itchiness and agony. 
I need to get a hazmat suit to get away from these disgusting spawn of satan. 

Not to mention there's also the need to wear shoes that are open toed. Flipflops and sandals are disgusting because your feet are exposed to the dust and dirt of the world.
Also the birds that chirp at 7am in the morning, way before my bedtime. 
Did I talk about the humidity yet??? You can practically drown in the morning moisture.

Why is summer still a thing??

I am a firm supporter of the Ice Age 2-- the movie was hilarious. 

♚ Cindy

Like us on FB @ yuandcee


4 comments: