Monday, May 25, 2015

What it means to be: Tuhao

This is a continuation from What it means to be: poor, since I had one person asking me what the word meant, I thought I might as well explain it.

Tuhao: a word that I adapted into the English language and that I drop often in daily conversations with my friend Cindy.
Origin: China

We use it to describe someone that is:
▽ Extremely rich
▽ Extremely extremely rich from China
▽ So like some newly rich Chinese kid, so newly rich, that the red RMBs he has are probably hot off the press
▽ So rich that they probably have private yachts and some secret offshore accounts in Switzerland
▽ Yet, despite the fact that they are so darn rich, we still associate them with like…country bumpkins
▽ So…very tacky

Man, tuhaos are awesome, and I wish they can just upgrade their style, so that they aren't only wearing brightly colored Uggs and those nice Burberry trench coats, with their MCM backpack and a HBA sweater, and a Boy London cap, all in one outfit, ONE OUTFIT.


We get it. You are ballin. SO BALLIN. Please buy a personal stylist, thank you.

ALSO - if you still haven't gotten the memo, tuhao is just the Chinese equivalent of ballin, but like a lot tackier. We still love them though. They make our world go round.


♚ Yushi



2 comments:

  1. Tuhaos wear limited Jordan as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true...do you have a pair Alex, since I know you are very tuhao LOL. :)

      Delete